What are the Benefits of Dragon Fruit?
Dragon fruit is loaded with full of vitamins and nutrients and thus offer potentially disease-fighting antioxidants. No doubt eating this fruit regularly gives a positive influence on your health and wellness.
Continue to read the article to know about the health benefits of the fruit.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health – Dragon fruit is the best fruit if you are looking for improving your cardiovascular health and also reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. The antioxidant properties in the fruit and the seeds being edible provide your body with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Eating the fruit helps in reducing the LDL, the wrong cholesterol level in the body. Improving the cholesterol level in the body helps to reduce plaque buildup in your arteries and thus helps in the smooth flow of healthy blood to the body.
- Supports your Immune System – People suffer from illness due to weak immune system. They are likely to suffer from common cold, flu, and infections. The presence of vitamin C in the dragon fruit gives your immune system a boost and protects your body against germs and bacteria and free radicals. In the body, free radicals are unstable and can lead to cell damage. Dragon Fruit is also included in Weight Loss Diet Plan.
- Aids your Digestion – Dragon fruit is rich in dietary fiber, and this helps in promoting healthy digestion and gut health. 21 to 38 grams of fiber content is needed by an adult every day. One hundred grams of dragon fruit contains 3.0 grams of fiber or 11 percent of the daily intake value. Taking a sufficient amount of dietary fiber helps to keep the bowel clean and prevent and treat constipation.
- Plays a role in Cancer Prevention – The presence of vitamin C in dragon fruit helps to prevent cancer besides boosting the immune system. Red dragon fruit contains lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant that gives the red color to the fruit. The antioxidant also helps to reduce the cancerous cells in the body. The extracted juice from red dragon fruit helps in the prevention and treatment of breast cancer. Research is going on to determine the role of the fruit in chemoprevention of breast cancer.
- Lowers Blood sugar in Diabetes – Dragon fruit has fiber content, and this helps people suffering from type 2 diabetes. People stay fuller for longer and also lose weight. All this is very beneficial in keeping blood sugar under control.
- Promotes Skin Health – You derive immense benefit by eating dragon fruit as it is beneficial for the skin too. Age spots are reduced; wrinkles, dry skin, and acne are all prevented when you consume dragon fruit. All these benefits are derived due to the properties of vitamin C and antioxidants in the fruit. You get a youthful appearance by eating the fruit as it is rich in vitamins and minerals, and this also helps in repairing cell damage.
Reduces Inflammation – Eating dragon fruit helps to relieve you from chronic pain like rheumatoid arthritis. You get relief from inflammation and tenderness. The anti-inflammatory properties of the fruit function as a natural painkiller for these symptoms. Even if you are not entirely cured of the pain, but the severity of the pain will be reduced, thus allowing you to enjoy a good quality of life. submit a free guest post here for Health Benefits Of Dragon Fruit.