If you are thinking of getting antivirus for your computer then McAfee is the best you can. People prefer McAfee antivirus more than other security software programs as it has all advanced features and comes in your budget.
Things you must consider before McAfee antivirus activation
- You have purchased a McAfee plan which is compatible with your computer. Open your device and all the specifications and the McAfee antivirus.
- You have a smooth internet connection. If you are buying McAfee online then you must have a good internet connection.
- Remove other security software from the computer. Other antiviruses may conflict with your McAfee antivirus during installation. So, you should uninstall all security programs before McAfee installation.
- You have enough free hard disk space. If you don’t have free disk space then McAfee will not install on your computer. If you are facing a shortage of disk space then uninstall unnecessary programs and large files from the disk. You should also remove junk from the system.
- If you have an older version of McAfee then uninstall it. But if you get a new subscription for the same version then you don’t have to remove the setup and the new installation will skip the setup installation and exceed your McAfee subscription.
Read more : arn status
Steps for McAfee Antivirus Activation
Search for McAfee’s antivirus on the web browser and click on McAfee’s website. Now select the McAfee plan you want to install on your device. McAfee signup page will appear on the screen. If you have a McAfee account then you can directly login to McAfee. If you don’t have a McAfee account then enter your details for creating one. You will see a billing column on the right side of the page. Enter your credit card details for making payments. After buying McAfee antivirus; open your email address and follow the given steps:
- Click on the setup URL provided on McAfee email
- McAfee antivirus installation will start and it will check for device specification.
- Wait for a minute to resume the installation process
- Click on the on-screen commands
- Wait for completing McAfee installation
- After McAfee antivirus gets installed on your computer successfully; restart your PC
- Open McAfee dashboard and click on My Info
- Tap the Subscription button
- Click on Enter Product Key option
- Type the alphanumeric McAfee key you have received on your email account
- Press the submit button and your McAfee plan will get activated.
If you have a CD drive and want to go for offline installation then insert McAfee CD on the disk drive and run the setup. You will get EULA on the screen; read the user license and click on the agree and install button. An activation window will pop-up on your screen. Type the key you get on a card. Click on the submit button and now your McAfee antivirus activation key process is completed. You should go for a full system and remove all the existing malware from the PC.